We’re looking for innovators and disrupters ready to tackle the challenges of the vast
healthcare industry. Here are the areas of focus we look for in businesses ready to scale.
The LaunchKC Health Accelerator is a partnership between the Economic
Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri and Nueterra Capital.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does my company have to relocate to Kansas City, Missouri?
We hope to convince you that KC is a great place and that you should stay or at least keep a presence here. We will provide a Kansas City, MO mailing address for each cohort company at PlexPod, a local co-working space.
How many days per week will my company be committed to being in KC during the accelerator course?
3 days. The programming will take place from Tuesday morning through Thursday afternoon.
How long is the program?
The program is 90 days. It will begin on September 10th and conclude with Demo Day on November 20th and an Investor Round Table on the 21st.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Access to Capital: Nueterra Capital will be awarding each company a minimum of $50,000 in exchange for equity to be negotiated before entering the cohort. The investment will be available in 2 equal tranches, 1 at the start and the 2nd on Demo Day. As each company has a unique set of circumstances as regards capital needs and valuation, you and Nueterra Capital will negotiate the valuation and investment before the program begins. $50K is a minimum. There is no ceiling.
- Legal and Business Services: Husch Blackwell, one of the nation’sleading healthcare law firms, will be providing each company up to $5,000 in pro bono legal and business services.
- Software Development: Full Scale, will be providing each company $10,000 in software development services.
- Housing: LaunchKC has rented out an amazing house for the cohort to live and work in. The house is very spacious with plenty of meeting and workspace as well as private bedrooms, kitchen and an awesome outdoor area. Free to all cohort team members.
- Brand and PR: The companies will be published in the local media (Startland News, Business Journal and others), participate on the Jason Grill Radio Show, and Startup Hustle Podcast to promote your company.
I’ve applied and haven’t heard back! When will I receive an answer?
We will be notifying companies that are selected no later than August 23rd. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that we will respond to all applicants.